Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Carried Me

So I'm sitting here, thinking that I really need to write something but at the moment the words aren't coming. I know what I want to write, but the thoughts aren't processing very well, so I'm going to attempt putting my thoughts to words, but I don't know how it's going to end up.
These past several days have been the hardest that I've ever lived. There were times that I didn't even want to live; I would have much rather curled up and died. There were times that like David I cried, "Why standest thou afar off, O Lord? Why hidest thou thyself in times of trouble? (Psalm 10:1). I honestly felt like God had left me. At times I wondered if God even existed! Thankfully God placed a few people in my life who wouldn't let me give up. They encouraged me, argued with me, cried with me, loved me, but most importantly they prayed for me.
I can't say that I'm back to normal, because I'm not, and it will probably be a long time before I'm back to my usual self. Right now I know that the best thing for me is to stay as busy as possible, and the most important thing is to make sure that I focus on what God has for me. Again, along with David I'm saying, "Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved." (Psalm 62:1-2).

Carried Me

Jesus you have carried me
When I could not stand
Jesus you have carried me
It's all been part of your plan

Jesus you have carried me
It's your footprints in the sand
Jesus you have carried me
It was always in your hands

~Jeremy Camp

2 comments:

Kylo said...

Just don't keep yourself too busy - the enemy likes to get you away from God that way. ;)

Awesome lyrics, by the way!

-Kyle

Amanda said...

"Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands" (Is. 49:16).

Love you!