Tuesday, August 24, 2010

~ Quotes ~

"I would rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not." - Lucille Ball

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

"Our greatest battles are with our own minds." - Jameson Frank

"One who makes no mistakes makes nothing." - Anonymous

"He who laughs, lasts." - Mary Poole

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition." (At Pearl Harbour, 7 December 1941) - Howell Forgy

"Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" -Patrick Henry

"In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people." -The Declaration of Independence

"“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way” -C.S. Lewis

"I am not afraid of the storms. For I am learning how to sail my ship." -Louisa Mae Alcott

“Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.” -Unknown

2 comments:

Jason Hunsicker said...

Wow...good stuff Hannah! Thank you for sharing these quotes.

Hannah Elisabeth said...

No problem!! I know it was a kinda random hodge-podge, but they're some of my favorites, and really thought provoking!