Thursday, February 4, 2010

Is it Just Me??

This morning when my alarm I really didn't want to get up. After all it was early, it was dark outside, and no one else was up in my room. I really wanted to reset my alarm for about 30 or 45 minutes later. Mmmmm…sleep. The problem was that I knew that if I did that then I wouldn't have my devotions. I reasoned, "I'm so tired because yesterday was an insane day. Surely God will understand, after all the reason I was so busy yesterday was because I was busy for Him, I wasn't just goofing off all day." But the other side of me was arguing, "Hey! The 'spiritual' stuff you were doing yesterday won't carry over into today...each day you have to be renewed and you need to spend time with God TODAY! Don't live your life relying on yesterdays experiences, live life moment by moment with Christ." Thankfully I listened to the better side of the argument and got up and had sweet fellowship with my Savior. Sadly, that's not always the case for me...sometimes I do reset my alarm. I am wondering if I'm the only one who has that problem every day, or if anyone else also struggles? How do you overcome that problem?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand!!! My flesh gets in the way a lot, too, and so many times sleep sounds so much better than getting out of bed to have devotions or for whatever reason. I hope and pray that the more and more I fall in love with God's Word and spend more and more time in it, that maybe some day I'll get to the point where I'll wake up every morning so excited to get out of bed to have my devotions!

Jason Hunsicker said...

I must admit that more often then not, at least since I joined the Navy...my flesh wins out. But I know I deffinitely need this encouragment. Great post!