Monday, February 8, 2010

My New Job

On Friday I started my new job at McAlister's! I think I'm going to have a blast working there! Right now I'm a "runner/busser."
When a customer comes in they walk up to the counter and order what they want and then sit down. That's where my job starts. I deliver the food, which is an interesting job because I have no idea where these people are sitting! They are given a number, but sometimes I walk all around the restaurant trying to find the correct number. Let's just say I get my exercise that way!
The second part of my job is refills and making sure people have everything that they need. I have to pay pretty close attention to peoples drink situations and if people have empty plates and stuff I take them away. It's a lot like being a waitress, which was what I really wanted to do originally.
Finally, I buss the tables once people leave. Clearing dishes, wiping down tables, sweeping floors, etc.
I really like this job, I think it's because I'm doing a LOT of interaction with people, which is what I enjoy doing anyways! :)
The negatives to my job are: I'm constantly on my feet which is fine for the first hour or two, but after that I start hurting. Today we were really busy and after my shift I got into my car and it was like, "Ahhh!!! Relief!"
The other HUGE negative is that a lot of times people leave tips, and we aren't allowed to keep them! THAT STINKS! One table left me a $5 tip, but could I keep it? NO! ARG!
So there are some positives and negatives, but overall I think I will like the job! Everyone seems to like me, and so far I like everyone too!! :)

No comments: