Monday, May 10, 2010

Drastic Changes

My summer plans have changed drastically...in a good way. The original plans were for me to stay at Shawnee and work, well, my job at the ammo factory kinda fell through the last couple of weeks of school so it was decided that it would be much better for me to go home, which I was more than willing to do. Although, I must say after having psyched myself up to be at school all summer, the thought of going home was slightly odd.

Friday night after graduation me and a friend hopped in my car and headed north. My friend, Amanda, lives about 45 minutes south of my house, so I dropped her off and the continued home. I got home about 2:30 am!! It was a loooong trip, mainly because we ran into some really bad weather.

My great grandma is at my house right now, so that was yet another good reason to be home...I haven't seen her in quite a while. I spent the weekend resting, and being in the kitchen (which to me is the best thing ever!) Today I headed out fairly early to start the job-hunt. I filled out bazillions of applications, and had 3 right off the bat interviews, which ended up in me getting 2 jobs! WOOO HOOO!!! I've never had so much success so fast while job hunting. It had to have been God!!! I got a job working mornings as a hostess at a pancake restaurant, and working close at Wendy's! I start tomorrow at the pancake place, and next week at Wendy's.

I also took my cello in for an appraisal today as well...the prognosis is a lot of money! :-/ So I don't know yet what I'm going to be doing with that. He had REALLY nice cello for a really good deal, but even that good deal is almost the same as an entire semester of college. So that's on hold for now too.... I'd appreciate everyone's prayers on that cuz I really miss playing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that I am very happy about the coming home for the summer part of the drastic changes :) And so thankful that God answered specific prayer and gave you a job today that you will start on tomorrow!!! Strengthens my faith at least. Praying about the cello - God knows and He will provide in His time. Love you! Mom

Unknown said...

Love to read of how God is working in your life, Hannah! Hope you have a great summer!