Tuesday, July 13, 2010

He DOES!!!!!

"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires
of thine heart." ~Psalm 37:4

I posted not too long ago about how trusting God to take care of my future is hard. It' just a matter of letting go and letting God. Well, I decided to put that into practice. I decided that I was just going to let go and give everything to Him. Since then I've been a lot happier and content with my life. Life has been really good for some of my friends and family, and I've been so thrilled for them that I can hardly contain myself. I quickly discovered that in order to be happy life doesn't have to be going perfect...it's what you make of what God has given you. Joy is a choice that you have to make day in and day out, and often several times a day.

While I was busy just taking everything day by day and not worrying too much about what's next (although I must admit I've had my moments), God was (and still is) busy working on my future...and fulfilling one of my dreams...one I hadn't given much thought to lately simply because I didn't think it was possible anymore. This morning I paid my registration for next school year. Tonight after I got off work I had a text message from the Dean of Women asking me to pray about being a prayer leader (same thing as a room leader)!! After I read that I was debating whether or not I should laugh or cry...this is a dream come true for me, and one that I no longer was demanding from God! Isn't He wonderful! He has so many blessing in store for each one of us if only we'll give Him everything we have!

I'll be honest, I was kinda dreading going back to college. I wasn't sure yet if I could handle more. However, in the past couple of days God has put a few subtle things in my life as if He was nudging me saying, "Hey, it's all right to go back...you started, now finish what I planned for you!" This last little, or rather huge, nudge was just the push I needed! I'm now officially excited about the school year! It can't come soon enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All God asks is that we totally give ourselves to Him . . . our plans, our dreams, ourselves, and then we can watch HIM to such amazing things through us and for us! God is so good!