Monday, July 19, 2010

In an Instant

Sometimes it's so easy to take for granted that fact that I'm young. I quite often forget that no matter the age, anything can happen and totally devastate life as I know it. This is true for a friend of mine, her sister, and her sister's fiancée. The other day my friend's future brother-in-law was in a horrific motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from mid-chest down! Here he was, a young guy, getting ready for his wedding next month, and suddenly life has dramatically changed for him. I also was just reading a book about a girl who was killed in a car accident the summer between her Senior year of high school and her Freshman year of college. This was a young 18 year old woman, full of plans and dreams but in an instant her life was snuffed out.

To me, those were two HUGE reminders to live every day as if it could be my last...because as the saying goes, someday it will be my last day. You never know when you're time is up and God will call you home. Keep a short account with Him and with others. Don't let the sun go down on your wrath.

Most of all, make each day count, and live it to it's fullest. Spend lots of time laughing and loving! Don't be afraid of today, but rather, embrace it! Keep dreaming, but in the midst of planning for the future, don't forget that you're living in today. You have no guarantees of tomorrow, only of today.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years."
~Abraham Lincoln

No comments: