Tuesday, May 3, 2011

From a Cousin

This has been copied (with permission) from the Facebook page of one of Greg's cousins, Matt Seftick.

"Somebody should tell us right at the start of our lives that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows." ~Pope Paul VI

To my cousin, Greg Seftick, you are the one who inspired me to do great things with my life. Although I never would have made it through med school, the corps was my way of trying to be as great as you and Chris. All of this happened so fast and looking back I never took the chance to say how proud of you I am, and just how much you influenced me as a man and what I've become; a Marine.

You and Chris were the ones who gave me the courage to fight, to follow what I wanted. Even in Afghanistan on my worst days, I thought to myself, "This ain't nothing, the stuff you had to go through in E.R. was way worse, and you handled it day in and day out." That thought alone made it easier to push on.

Your passion to be free and to roam the country the way you wanted to was the most amazing thing to me. You are the smartest man I've ever known and I will forever be proud to serve in your memory, for the Seftick name. Even more, I will always be proud to call you my cousin. I love you Greg and not one day will go by without you in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: