Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tax TIME!

This post may seem a bit odd to you. After all, April 15 was tax day, right? That's when American's all over the country were frantically rushing to pay their taxes, post offices are open until midnight, and all in all it's a crazy day...for most people. However, I have a slightly different twist.

You see, my company (more specifically my department) processes property taxes for Kosciusko and Elkhart Counties here in Indiana. The tax deadline for those is May 10, TODAY! We are inundated by 7 to 10 (or more) two-foot mail trays full of payments that we must open and process, mostly by hand! It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. A blessing because I work extra hours and make money, but it's a curse because I work extra hours when I'd rather be doing something else. Ah wells, the blessings are greater than the curses.

No comments: