Saturday, January 9, 2010

Contentment

So often I find myself being discontent with life. I can look through my life and see time after time that something went wrong and I really want to question God over it. I say, "Hey God, ummmm…You know I'm down here and what just happened, well, it didn't exactly seem right - in fact, it seemed really wrong, and hurt really badly. Why God? But Paul said in Philippians 4:11, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." OUCH! I don't like to be content with my life. I like to complain to God about how awful my life is at the moment. The thing is, God already knows what my life is like, after all He is the one who planned it out, not me. But God can see the big picture. He can see how trials and testing in my life are growing and stretching me as an individual, and even more importantly, as a Christian.
Contentment is something that I've always struggled with and I still do struggle with it. I want to make things the way that I think they should be. It's a constant process for me and I'd love to say that I had the answer, but I don't. The only way for me to find contentment is to lean on God and to trust in Him more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're on the right track - that's all that matters! Love ya!

Bethany said...

That was a wonderful thought...thanks for posting it.