It is really easy to have a pity party and moan and complain - in fact I keep catching myself doing that. However, I try to remind myself that really, things could be a lot worse, so I made a list of things I am thankful for throughout this time.
- We are together as a family.
- We are warm and dry.
- Mom will eventually be fine.
- There are a lot of good nurses who are taking good care of mom.
- Mom's doctor, Dr. Simon, is really good, and a Christian.
- We have lots of friends who keep checking up on us.
- God has a reason for this - even though we do not see it at the moment.
- We have a white Christmas.
- I made it home safely, even though I drove through the wee hours of the night.
- No matter what happens, God is still on the Throne.
That was not a long or exhaustive list, but it is a start. Life happens and you have the choice of either becoming depressed and bitter about it or choosing to find the positive somewhere. Honestly, it is somewhat difficult at times to look on the bright side, but when I choose to see the good life looks brighter. I hope and pray that all of you had a very merry and blessed Christmas with friends and loved ones gathered around.