Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Plans He Has

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
~Jeremiah 29:11~

My life has taken a very dramatic twist in the past several days. Mom's surgery on Thursday did not go as well as had originally been hoped, and she has been having a lot of complications - in fact she is still in the hospital and will be for at least two or three more days, maybe longer! She has not been able to keep food down and as a result of the vomiting she has been doing, her incision is coming open - not good at all. They had to put a tube down her nose today in order to pump her stomach.

In light of all of these problems on Monday I offered to my parents to come home for good. Mom is going to need a lot of help once she gets out of the hospital and dad has to go back to work. My parents were very hesitant to agree with me because they did not want me to give up my schooling. However, with the turn of events today, they finally realized that this was probably for the better. I was originally planning on working the rest of this week and next week before moving back home. When I told my general manager about that she offered to try to find people to cover the rest of my shifts for the week and then take me off the schedule next week. She was able to do that so now I am in the process of packing my belongings and planning on leaving tomorrow morning for home.

Wow...crazy twist, and not exactly an easy one to deal with. I had to say good-bye to a lot of dear friends and co-workers today, but it is worth it, family is so important. I am planning on trying to get my job back at Wendy's, or even better, finding a job waitressing, working nights so that I will be home with mom while dad is at work. Lord willing I will be returning to Shawnee for the Fall semester.

While I do not know why this had to happen, I am not angry, or bitter, or even hesitant about it. I know that this is the next step that God wants me to take. A friend once told me, "Life isn't what we dream, but we're not the ones in charge." God has this all under control, and I am resting completely in Him. Please continue to pray for my mom as she struggles to recover from her surgery.

No comments: