Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thoughts from a Saddened Heart

People keep asking me what my thoughts are on everything that has been going on with Greg. Honestly, I'm trying to figure those out myself. I have so many emotions coursing through my body that I find it difficult to even think. Greg is my cousin, he's young, strong, athletic, smart, has a good head on his shoulders, knows what he's doing in the wilderness, has a bright future in front of him, is an emergency room doctor, yet right now, no one is sure of anything. There are so many possibilities, and yet, no answers. People all across the nation and even the world are praying for Greg and Walter, but at this time God has chosen to keep their whereabouts a secret from us. There have been people searching for the two of them since Monday, and here it is Wednesday night, and no sign whatsoever. Not even the dogs can find any trace of them.

Humanly all seems hopeless. There doesn't seem to be any way for them to be found. And maybe they won't be. But I know a God who knows exactly where they are, and I know that He will do His good will. What that is, I don't know. I wish I did. But God in His infinite wisdom, wisdom that blows me away, has chosen to put my entire family through this. Maybe He will use it to draw people closer to Him, maybe He will use it to refine His children. Maybe He will bring the two young men back to us, maybe He won't. All I know is that whatever happens, God did it for good, not evil.

Yes, bad things do happen to good people, why, I don't know. This one thing I know, that God works everything out for good. Maybe it doesn't seem like good at the time, but someday we will see that God's way is best. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my God makes no mistakes. He gives grace and strength.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar with wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint."
~Isaiah 40: 28-31~

No comments: