Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Micah 7:5-8

Trust ye not in a friend,


put ye not confidence in a guide:


keep not the doors of they mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.


For the son dishounoureth the father,


the daughter riseth up against her mother,


the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;


a man's enemies are the men of his own house.


Therefore I will look unto the LORD;


I will wait for the God of my salvation:


my God will hear me.

Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy:

when I fall, I will arise;

when I sit in darkness,

the LORD shall be a light unto me


~Micah 7:5-8



I'll be honest, this morning when I was reading my devotions I hadn't really gotten anything from them and almost didn't go on to chapter 7 of Micah, simply because I was tired of not getting anything. I finally decided that it was probably a better idea to go on, so almost grudgingly I continued from chapters 6 to 7. WOW!! Is all I can say, I LOVE the last part of verse 7, MY GOD WILL HEAR ME!! How much better can you get? Even when everyone and everything is against me, if I look to Jesus, He will hear me. When I fall, He will pick me up, and if I don't know what to do He will show me. Why trust in an earthly friend, who will only let me down when I have the Lord to lean upon?




2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's an awesome passage!! I know just what you mean about reading and not getting anything and just wanting to quit, but continuing and then God shows you a set of verses you never noticed before.=)

Margaret Dashwood said...

Wow, that is SOO good!! God is just so good...:)

Bethany