Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Gipper's Birthday

Today marks the 100th birthday of America's 40th President, Ronald Reagan. Being a lover of history, and particularly United States history, along with being a staunch conservative, I find President Reagan to be somewhat of a fascination. From his very first days in office to the end of his two terms, Reagan was a man who was and still is a rarity in politics, he was a promise keeper, a doer, and an honest man full of integrity and love for his country. He was not afraid to speak his mind and stand for what was right. No, his presidency wasn't perfect, but he was human, all people make mistakes. The difference is that he was willing to admit his shortcomings, apologize and move on. In my opinion President Reagan was the best President we have had since Lincoln, and one of the best Presidents ever.

*****
"All great change in America begins at the dinner table." ~Ronald Reagan~


*****
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan~


*****
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" ~Ronald Reagan~


*****
"When I took the oath of office, I pledged loyalty to only one special interest group, we the people." ~Ronald Reagan~


*****
"Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit." ~Ronald Reagan~


*****
"America is too great to dream small dreams." ~Ronald Reagan~


*****
"I now begin that journey that will lead me to the sunset of my life. I know that for America, there will always be a bright dawn ahead." ~Ronald Reagan~

President Ronald Wilson Reagan, "The Gipper"
February 6, 1911 ~ June 5, 2004

No comments: