Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One of the things that I miss the most at college is the ability to cook and bake. I LOVE doing such things, time in the kitchen is time in paradise, well at least most of the time. Since I've been home I've baked up a storm. I made over 200 cookies for the jail the week before Christmas. I've made cakes and pastries, plus supper several times. Yesterday was no exception. I made a batch of what I call "real" bread, in other words, no bread machine for me! I also made cookies and an apple pie. We are having one of my mom's sisters over for supper tonight so I needed something fun for the kids, thus the cookies, they are called kaleidoscope cookies. They have fruity pebbles in them. I've never made them before, and they look interesting. I think the little ones will like them. I made the pie for the "adult" dessert. It looks and smells GOOD!! :) I'll take pictures tonight of my cousins and post them later.

4 comments:

Rosebud said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures! Sounds like you're having fun in the kitchen. =)

bro milk said...

real bread from a real country girl! you go!

Mom said...

The bread was delicious and the apple pie yummy! Love you!

Pure Little Ladies Ministry said...

I've seen that you follow Pure Little Ladies Ministry; thank you! I thought I'd let you know that the magazine is up...there's some great articles to read and enter in some of our give-a-ways!

Blessings,
Miss Toria