Wednesday, December 24, 2008

WOW! The weather sure has been frightful the last several days! We had several inches of snow on the ground, then Friday we got around 1/2 an inch of ice! It made for really bad conditions on the roads, it took me about 35 minutes to get to a place that normally takes 5 or 10 minutes! Saturday night and Sunday brought in really high winds. We lost power for 5 hours on Sunday which resulted in our water pipes freezing! Thankfully they didn't burst, but we were without water from 9am until 10 or 11 pm! Monday was a beautiful, sunny day, but it was cold. Tuesday was a typical winter day, cloudy and chilly, nothing abnormal. Today it warmed up to the upper 30s, and brought with it rain. Not a good thing cuz its going to freeze again tonight and make for a icy Christmas!
It was a wonderful day to stay inside and cook, which is exactly what I did. I made
a triple layer banana cake with homemade peanut butter frosting! It looks and smells delicious! I also made an Italian pasta salad...my favorite.
Tonight as a family we will be making cinnamon rolls. Its a family tradition that we do every Christmas Eve. We will have a very yummy breakfast in the morning. :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks good, Hannah! =)

Pathfinder said...

Hi Hannah. Just checked your blog out. Thanks for telling me about it tonight. I have to ask...is the entry about chipmunks really yours?

Hannah Elisabeth said...

yes, the chipmunk entry really is mine. :) that song always cracks me up, and is enjoyed by my entire family. we spend a lot of time laughing over it every christmas...we're messed up, i know. :)