Friday, May 15, 2009

Farewell

Never Say Good-bye

If I could take this moment forever
Turn the pages of my mind
To another place and time
We would never say goodbye


If I could find the words I would speak them
Then I wouldn't be tongue-tied
When I looked into your eyes
We would never say goodbye

If I could stop the moon ever rising
Day would not become the night
Wouldn't feel this cold inside
And we'd never say goodbye

I wish that our dreams were frozen
Then our hearts would not be broken
When we let each other go...

If I could steal this moment forever
Paint a picture-perfect smile
So our story stayed alive
We would never say goodbye

~Hayley Westenra

I think this is the saddest post that I have written so far. Today is my final day as a student at International Bible College in Stony Brook, NY.
As I look around the campus at the different places that I have spent many an hour studying, talking to friends, sitting in classes, and just hanging out; I think about all the good times and all the sad times, all the laughter and all the tears that have been shed. I have spent nine months of my life on this campus and as much as I can't wait to go home and then go on to another college next semester, it still breaks my heart to think of leaving forever, or at least if I do come back, it will never be as a student.
I'm thinking of my fellow college students who I will most likely never see again. We've been through a lot together, how do I say "good-bye" to them? I'm crying just thinking about it, not to mention when I actually have to say those words.
Rebekah, my roommate. The poor girl spent a year of her life with me! I know I have learned a lot from her example. The last few days especially have been a special time of bonding for us. A lot of things have happened, and we've had some very good and very serious discussions about some very critical matters. I'm going to miss her! At least I will see her at her wedding in September, but it will still be different!
The next thing to come to mind are my other friends, those in the church who have been so much like family to me, and have helped me through some very difficult times. Without them I honestly don't know what I would have done, especially this semester. Two families in particular, the Phillips' and the McMahons helped in HUGE ways to me, and there is NO way I could ever thank them enough, and I'm gonna miss them sooooo much! Guess I'll just have to come back some time so that we can go upstate and do all the other crazy things we've talked about doing, and were never able to do.....!! :)

I hate saying good-bye, It's the hardest thing for me to do EVER!! I don't think it would be so hard right now, except for the fact that I'm not coming back here, or if I do it will never be the same again! Many of the people that I know now, I probably won't ever see again! Oh! I hate this!!!


Let me just say this, I have made many friends whom I will miss, and though it is time to say good-bye, these friends will stay forever in my heart, thoughts, and prayers! I love all of you my dear friends, and I hope that someday soon we will meet again.


Friends


Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter in your life is through



But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong



And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you'll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong



~Michael W. Smith



*****This is a collage of pictures that have been taken over the past year, all of good times that I've had here in New York*****





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those poems are lovely and make me feel like crying. I hate it when things have to change; I wish they could just stay the same. =(