Friday, March 13, 2009

Last Day of Classes!!

WOO HOO!!!!! I am done with classes!! Well, done with classes until the 23rd. There is still one more day of classes but tomorrow the college choir is going to Reading, PA to record for the next college CD that will be coming out sometime before the end of the school year. We are leaving at 5:00 in the morning!! Insane! It is a several hour trip, and I guess that if we were to leave even half an hour later than that we would get stuck in traffic in the city and add another hour or so to our travelling time!! YUCK either way!
I think classes went well today, but to be honest, my brain really wasn't on classes, it had already gone into spring break mode! I did get a 92 on my Intro to Missions midterm! English Grammar is the only class that I don't yet have my midterm results.
After classes I was able to go with Mrs. Phillips to Port Jefferson. We were going to go to a thrift store, but they were closed. :( We ended up going to Dunkin Donuts instead and were able to sit and chat for about an hour. It was sooooo wonderful!! We were able to talk about serious things, and about God. There are times that I crave talking about God to somebody, but sadly so many Christians don't care about God, even those who are students or faculty of a Bible college.
Church went well last night. Dr. Morgan, who is the founder of the college is here for a few days, so he preached (he also preached chapel this morning). He preached about having victory. It was a really good message.
After church I had a very sad parting. I had to say goodbye to Sherwood, also known as Woody, my cello. :'(( My grandparents are leaving tomorrow for vacation and they are going to Indiana, so I decided to send my cello home with them. I was having a hard time figuring out how I was going to get it home this summer cuz it's really expensive to ship it. This was a good way to get it there.
Since my grandparents will be gone starting tomorrow through next Saturday, I will be house sitting for them. :) It will be sooooo nice cuz I get their apartment all to myself, well I have to share it with their dog, but other than that I will be alone. I'm soooo excited cuz I like being alone, and having peace and quiet, unfortunately that is a VERY rare experience to have in the dorms. It will be so lovely.
I will try to take lots of pictures tomorrow and I'm sure I will have a very long post, whether or not it gets up on Friday or Saturday depends on how late it is when we get back, and how tired I am.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What you said about Mrs. Phillips, it really is sad how most Christians don't talk about the Lord. =( I'm so excited when I find a friend whom I can converse with about Him and His work! (Like you, friend. ;-))