Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More Precious Than Gold

At the present time I'm going through a very rough time in my life. Sometimes the trial seems too great for me. I can't tell you how often in the last 3 or 4 days I have wanted to throw in the towel and gone home. I have wept many tears, which is NOT normal for me. The typical outlook on life for me is one of cheerfulness and sunshine. I'm the one who always sees the good things in the bad, the easy things in the difficult, and the rainbow amidst the shadows.
Right now it seems that any time I start to gain a victory, the devil throws yet another fiery dart at me. No matter where I turn, yet another dart flies at me. I'm really struggling with bitterness, anger, and hate right now. People that I thought loved me have lied about me, twisted things I said, and embellished stories. I have been hurt worse in the last couple of days than I've ever been hurt in my life!
I'm not saying all of this to make you feel sorry for me, but I am say it to say that even through it all, God has been there with me. Anytime I feel like screaming, or lashing back, I turn to my Heavenly Father, He is waiting there for me with open arms. Deuteronomy 33:27 says, "The eternal God is they refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
I know that through this God is going to teach me a lesson that will be very valuable in my life, and one that I would never learn without going through this. "That the trial of your faith being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." -I Peter 5:7

Under His Wings

Under His wings I am safely abiding,
Tho the night deepens and tempests are wild;
Still I can trust Him—I know He will keep me,
He has redeemed me and I am His child.


Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort and there I am blest.


Under His wings, O what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me,
Resting in Jesus I’m safe evermore.


Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.

~William Cushing

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I understand you completely, Hannah--I've gone through the same thing. The Lord will make your righteousness shine forth like the day if you trust Him (which I'm sure you know already). I'll be praying for you.