Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 23: A Way in Which I Want to be Remembered

To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, "I desire to so conduct my life that when I leave this earthly body and stand before my Maker to make an account for all I have done, if I have no other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, that will be the friend down inside me."

My greatest desire is to be remembered at a woman who loved God, her family, and others. One who was determined to finish with a full, happy life. I want to be remembered for bringing love and laughter to all around me, not as someone who sapped joy out of everything. I do not want to be remembered as one who simply went from day to day with no point to living. Rather, I want to be remembered as a girl who had goals, met those goals and then went on to higher aspirations.

I want to be remembered as one who did what was right no matter the costs. Who wasn't afraid to do something because it went against popular opinion, but rather did what I felt agreed with the Bible and my conscience, even at the cost of friends, money, relationships, and all.

Most of all, I want to be remembered by God as one of His children who faithfully lived life according to His precepts. When I have reached the end of my journey on earth I want Him to say to me, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

No comments: