Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 5: A Favorite Quote

Once again, these favorite posts are getting to me! I have so many quotes which I love. I have found that other people seem to be able to say exactly what I am thinking. So many musicians, theologians, politicians, historians, philosophers, writers, actors, and many more throughout the history of the world have made many profound statements.

I think the One who made the most amazing statements in the world, He did and said more than anyone else in the world ever has or ever will do. This man is Jesus, all man and all God. He did and said so much that the apostle John said of Him, "And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen." (John 21:25 NJKV)

Jesus made so many profound statements that to pick only one is also nearly impossible. However, there is one of His quotes that is recorded by John that has meant so much to me over the years. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled. Neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27 KJV) The peace that Christ gives, whether the peace given at Salvation, or the peace He gives during the ups and downs of life, it is a calming balm to a troubled soul. He is the "Balm in Gilead" and the One who is near to all no matter their joys or sorrows.

This peace that He gives is free to anyone who simply repents of his sins and asks Christ to come into His life. If you have never asked Him to be your Lord and Savior, Jesus is waiting for you, He wants to give you true peace. If you want to know more about Salvation click here.


No comments: