Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 8: A Thank You Letter to Someone Who Changed My Life


Left to Right
Standing: LeAnne, Hannah
Sitting: Mr. C and Mrs. C



Dear Mrs. Campbell,

I wanted to write you a note to thank you for all that you have done in my life and in the life of my family. You have been more of a blessing than you will ever know and I love you very dearly.

Over the years you have watched me grow up and have always been a kind friend, a confidante, and a great encourager. No matter what the circumstance, I can always rely on the fact that you will listen to what I say and give good, Goldy wisdom when I need direction. You have never been afraid to tell me when I was doing something wrong, and yet, when I do something right you are always encouraging and praising me.

I have always been able to rely on your prayer support as I grow and make decisions on my own. Looking back, I see how much those prayers have really helped me along, even at times when I may not have wanted them.

Spending time at your house has always been a treat. From learning proper table etiquette (remember that crazy demerit system we set up for bad etiquette?!), to eating ice cream on the porch while watching the squirrels run though the gardens, memories of you and Mr. Campbell are all warm and fun and I could come up with a long list of memories. Watching chic flicks, taking pictures of your flowers, going shopping, eating all sorts of yummy food, talking late at night with you and LeAnne, trying to help remodel your house (or at least watching Mr. Campbell do it), and going to church, are just a few marvelous memories.

One thing about you that has always stuck out in my mind is your positive attitude -- even when you are in pain. You do your best to not let on that you don't feel well, but even when it becomes obvious and you can no longer hide it, your sweet spirit and constant trusting in the Lord has been an excellent example to me.

I don't think you will even know how much of an example of a Godly Christian lady you have been to me. I have learned much from you, and I love you very much!

Love,
~Hannah~

No comments: