Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 6: A Moment I Want to Relive

I have put quite a bit of thought into this moment. I have thought over my life and the cool things I have done and the awesome places I have been. I have been in the White House, seen the Statue of Liberty, I have met Michael Reagan (President Reagan's son), and seen President Bush in person. I have been to many concerts, and met many famous musicians. I have been in the catacombs and seen the Colosseum. I have traveled from the East to West Coasts, seen three oceans and the Gulf of Mexico. In my young life I have been blessed to have done of lot of travelling and met so many important people - and not only met them, but had actual conversations with them, some of whom I have become good friends with.

Despite all of that there is one moment, or rather a few hours, in my life that I would love to relive. That was in March of 2003 when Glenn Beck came to Auburn, IN and did a Rally for America. At the time I was only 12, but I still vividly remember the electricity that was in that building, the crowd that was double what had originally been anticipated, and the uniting of 20,000 people in love and support of our great country. I remember being awestruck during the singing of the Star Spangled Banner as thousands upon thousands of blue-collar, hard working, loyal, patriotic Americans sang that beloved anthem. The hush that went over the crowd as someone prayed, and the cheers that went up as the brave men and women of our military were recognized have stuck in my mind as if it were yesterday. In all the day was spectacular, and one I would love to relive. Simply remembering the day and writing about it has made goose bumps appear on my arms and chills are running down my spine. It was a day that I will never forget, for in that crowd was a young 12 year old, who loved her country, and during that day my loyalty for her was bolstered, and my love for her became undying.

America may not always be the great country that she has been -- in fact she seems to be going down a steep and slippery slope at an alarming pace. However, I have faith that God will still bless my country if we simply remember Who is in control and turn everything over to Him.

May God richly bless America.

No comments: