Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26: A Childhood Memory

I grew up in a very family-oriented home. Throughout my formative years we did everything as a family...I was even home schooled! I have so many memories of times spent around the table laughing, having friends over to the house and playing games for hours, going to visit family in other states, taking walks, playing pranks, working in and outside the house, raising rabbits, going on vacations, and many more. I had a happy childhood.

There is one memory that is more prominent in my mind than any other. It was a ritual every night for as long as I can remember. Every night right before bed Dad would
come into our rooms and pray with us. Sometimes it would be a short prayer, but other times we would have a long heart to heart chat and then pray about whatever it was we talked about. Sometimes Dad would be away on a business trip, but he would call us at night and still pray with us. I thank God for a father who took the time to pray with me.

No comments: