Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The best word I can think of to describe my life right now is BUSY!! I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off! (For those of you who are city slickers, a when you cut a chickens head off it can still run around! It's really weird, but cool to see the blood spurting out of a chickens neck as it runs around without a head!)
I again started REALLY early yesterday morning. We had a prayer meeting again at 6:30. It was good, although a little sad cuz there weren't as many people at this meeting. That's ok, God still met with us, and I was blessed.
Classes as usual. I had a book report due for Intro to Missions. I think I did all right...I hope.
Chapel was good. Dr. Mitchell poured his heart out yet again. He preached on "What Do You Want?" Talking about how with God we can have anything. It was so good, another reminder to rely on God and anything can be possible. I could sit listening to him for hours. He is such a Godly man.
Work was exactly that, WORK!! I do have another funny story. :) I was down on my hands and knees scrubbing one of the men's bathroom floor, when suddenly the door burst open and a guy walked in. It didn't bother me, cuz I'm used to having that happen, I normally send the guy to one of the other restrooms. This man was from our church in Brooklyn, and had gotten here to Stony Brook really early (I'm guessing they got here so early in order to avoid traffic), he was SHOCKED to say the least! I laughed so hard. I don't think I've seen a guy SO startled in a LONG time. :))
Last night was the last service that Dr. Mitchell was with us. :( The title of his sermon was, "When God Gets Personal." He was talking about God's touch on our lives. It was the best sermon I have heard in a very long time.
Today Pastor Joe Vassack will be with us. I hope God uses him as mightily as He used Dr. Mitchell.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's funny about that man. =D I've had to clean a guys' bathroom only once, and I was scared to death when I did it that someone would come in! =P

Best wishes with your classes, work, and the revival services today!

bro milk said...

ok its cool to see the blood squirting out? im not visiting ur blog at breakfast any more. Dr.Mitchell and Bro Vassack were both good. Interesting, he used that illustration.