Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I started bright, or should I say dark and early yesterday morning. I got up earlier than usual, and my usual is pretty early, in order to be able to go to the prayer meeting at 6:30. The prayer time was really good. There weren't very many of us, which was sad to me. I think that the few of us that were there really got a hold of God. I could feel the Holy Spirit there with us.
Classes went well. No tests, or quizzes , or papers due...yet. Deadlines are starting to loom up in front of me....YUCK!
Dr. Mitchell preached in chapel. He has such a heart for college students, and I can tell that he truly, honestly cares about us. I don't think he actually preached the message that he was planning on preaching. In the end it was more of a father to his kids chat. I don't think there was a dry eye in the auditorium. We were all blessed.
I had a really funny experience at work, actually, it was a blond moment! One of the first things that I was supposed to do was to start filling the baptistery. I started the water running and then went on to do my other jobs. I was cleaning away, and about 1 1/2 hours later I remembered that the water was still running! OOPS! :) It was a little, ummm well, full. Thankfully it hadn't overflowed, but it was a little too full for comfort! I was able to drain the excess water, and life went on. :)
Dr. Mitchell preached on Revival in the Family. Even though I don't have a family of my own yet, nor am I planning on having one for quite a while, it is still important for me to have a right relationship with God. That way when I do start my own family I will be prepared to train my children the way that God would want.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's funny about filling up the baptistery--same thing when you're doing chores on the farm; you need to hold a "Noah stick" to remind yourself not to flood out the pasture! =P

Yes, having a right relationship with God now is what is the most important thing, whether you have your own family or not. I was just thinking about posting something along that line, so you writing this came at an opportune time.