Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hmmm.....lots to write about....where should I start??
Maybe I should start at the beginning...our new President. President Barack Obama became our President around 12:00 today. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the man, I didn't vote for him, and I don't ever plan to vote for him. But he is our President now, and I'm tired of hearing people make fun of him. I can tell you right from the start that I will probably at times criticize the President, I would do it for any President, I don't care who he is, I don't agree with everything that anybody does, goodness, I don't agree with myself half the time!
Today I had several blessings. First of all I was asked to work an extra 2 hours a week. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it is quite a bit. I was cut by three hours, so now I'm almost back up to what I was originally working.
The other blessing is that I was cleaning out a drawer this evening and I found a check that I'd never cashed for almost $100!!! WOW!! God is good!!!
Classes start tomorrow. I am taking 20 credit hours! I will be busy, but for the most part they are all classes that I think I will enjoy. I am taking 2 English classes, YUCK!!!! I'll survive...I hope.
I am going to hit the hay. I've gotta start getting back into the swing of school and getting up at 5:00 every morning! YAY!!! :(

3 comments:

Viper 1 said...

$100 dollar check? wow! that;s cool!!

oh, and welcome back to the Gulag.

bro milk said...

study hard. what so ever thy hand findeth to do, do with thy might!

Amanda said...

5:00?? It's hard enough for me to do that one day a week...That is great about the check and your hours at work!! Have fun with your English!! =P