Sunday, February 22, 2009

weelax...its the weekendI

I love weekends. They are the best thing ever! After I finish work on Fridays I don't have to work again until Sunday night! It's soooo nice.
Friday was simply wonderful. Doing absolutely nothing is the best thing in the world. I generally do that with my Friday nights, since I don't have to work Saturday, I can relax Friday. :) I love it!
Saturday I got to sleep in until 7:30. I know to some of you that doesn't sound like sleeping in, and it never used to sound like it to me, but now that I'm in college and getting up at 5 every morning, 7:30 is a WONDERFUL break! I was able to be all ready by 9, so I practiced piano for about 25 minutes. 9:30 was our bus meeting. By a little after 10 Margaret, Alyssa, Bro. Abastillas, and I were on our way to Brentwood which is where our bus route is, to call on kids to make sure they were coming to church on Sunday. On the way there we stopped at this little bakery that is run by a eastern European guy. I love stopping there cuz for $2 I can get a 16 oz coffee and a fresh pastry of some kind. I decided to get an elephant ear. It was really good! It sure beat anything that you can get at a fair! YUM!
After the coffee shop we had to go to where our bus driver was working. He owns a demolition company. It was really cool to watch him work. :)
Visiting went well. Lots of kids were planning on coming today.
After bus I walked with a friend to The Village, which is a little touristy shopping center about 1 mile from campus. It's a really nice walk, and it's great when you have friends to go with and talk to. We went to Van Hussen, which is where this friend works. They have a lot of clearance stuff right now, and I got two dresses. They were originally $80 each, they were on clearance for $5.99, then my friend gave me her discount, so I paid $7 for the two of them combined! Who can beat that??!!
Later in the afternoon I went to my grandparents house and was able to bake a honey bun cake, as well as some peanut butter brownies. It was sooooo much fun! I also cooked supper! COOL!! I made grilled chicken, baked potatoes, salad, and corn. It was sooooo good! YUM!!
Last night I was able to get a LOT of homework done. That was very nice.
I had one of the girls french braid my hair right before I went to bed last night that way I could take it out this morning and it would be wavy in the morning. :) This morning I wore one of my new dresses. It was really pretty. I can't tell you how many compliments I got today! It was crazy! Even grandpa noticed and said something! WOW!
For lunch I ate at my grandparents. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, and salad, followed by ice cream and a piece of the cake that I had made yesterday. :) It was GOOD!
This afternoon I got a lot of homework done and then I took almost an hour nap! It was wonderful!
Choir practice was at 4:30 followed by church at 6. I worked from 7:30 to 9:30 and that was pretty much my day.
I had a really nice weekend. It was AWESOME!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Did I mention that I had to do the cooking for three days when my mom got sick the other week? I guess I'm not that far on my blog yet...=) Are you going to post any pictures of your new dresses?