Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated my blog in several days. I do have a good excuse: I was/am sick! :( I woke up Saturday morning and was very dizzy and lightheaded. I almost passed out! It was NO fun. I felt terrible. I went back to bed and slept all day! I haven't slept that much since I had mono 2 years ago! Finally I woke up around 10:00 pm and found that my fever had broken. I actually felt kinda, sorta, maybe descent. It wasn't until I had taken a shower and opened a can of fruit that I actually turned on my computer. (Mom always says that she knows when I'm sick when I don't turn my computer on!) I was sick!
Sunday I still wasn't feeling very good. My head was all plugged up, and in general I felt like crap! UGH! I wanted to stay in bed soooo bad, and I probably should have done that, but I had too much to do. So much for my relaxing weekend! I worked Sunday night after church, but left about half an hour early. I came back to my dorm and crashed!
Monday morning everything took at least 2 times longer than usual to do. It was really depressing. I had absolutely NO energy! Classes were ok, I had 2 tests and got a 100% on one of them and an 80% on the other. I wasn't too upset about the 80 since I had forgotten about it until the teacher was handing out the papers!! Oops!
Work took forever as well. It was the most frustrating thing to deal with. I couldn't get anything done, and what I did get done took forever to do. Grrr!!!
After I was done with work I went to supper, ate quick and then came back to my room and slept for almost 2 hours! It was WONDERFUL!! After that nap I felt a lot better. I got a book report written and several other things done. YAY!!!
On Monday nights we have dorm devotions. Normally one of the ladies that is here on staff will come and give a devotional. Last night Mrs. Barnes was the one who spoke to us. Her topic: "What is love to us?" She had us share what we think love is, and there were some really good answers. One girl said that love is a teacher who takes the time to prepare for their class. I can't agree with that more! It drives me nuts when a teacher just reads the book instead of teaching. GRRRR!!! I guess it is a pet peeve of mine!
This morning I managed to move faster than yesterday which is a good thing. I'm still not up and at it completely. I still just want to crawl back in bed. :( Thankfully my head isn't as plugged as it was before, :) but now I have a really bad cough. :( I do feel as though I am on the mend.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

It's neat to think about the true definition of love--the world thinks of it one way, like a warm and fuzzy feeling; but God's Word defines it as selfless devotion, like how Christ loved us! So great!

I really like your new background--the colors are awesome!