Thursday, April 2, 2009

Praise God from Whom all Blessings Flow

Ok.....so long time no post! I've been SOOOOOO busy!! I had a HUGE project and a paper due on Tuesday. The project alone took me around 20 hours to complete! The paper was for Christian Home, and that took me 3 or 4 hours because I had gotten all the information, but it was rolling around in my head, but just wasn't coming out in paper form! SOOOO frustrating!!
By the time all of that had been done I was exhausted. I had gotten 4 hours of sleep Sunday night, and 4 1/2 hours Monday night. UGH!! Tuesday night I was in bed before 10:00, but unfortunately it wasn't near enough sleep.
On Friday I was asked to play my cello for the Communion service in the church in Brooklyn. (The church that I go to here is a satellite church of the original International Baptist Church in Brooklyn). I was more than willing to go and play for them. Somebody had told Pastor Cazis that I am currently renting a cello (I sent my cello back to Indiana with my grandparents when they went there for spring break). He told me that since I was taking the time to go all the way to Brooklyn just to play for them that the church would pay for the first month of rent for my cello! I was shocked! It was so AWESOME because I really didn't have the money to pay for the rental. I had been praying that God would provide, because I knew I couldn't do it. God is soooo good!
I had also really been praying about playing. I was going to be a big thing, for me at least, and I wanted it to go well, and I wanted to make sure that it was all God that played through me. I played, "Lead Me to Calvary" and "Alas, and did my Savior Bleed?" for Communion. It did go really well, and THANK YOU to all of those who were praying for me.
After the service I was talking to people, some that I knew and others that I didn't know from Adam!! LOL! One lady came up and talked to me, (I did know her) and she told me that she was very thankful that I was willing to use my talents for the Lord. She then put a folded up bill into my hand, and said that she knew the Lord wanted her to give it to me. I was expecting 5 or 10 dollars. Later I looked at it, and it was a 100 dollar bill!! I was SHOCKED!! I cried! God is soooooo much more than good, He is AWESOME!!!
On top of all of those blessings I got to go to Arby's for supper!! YAY!! They have THE BEST salads that I've ever had from a fast food restaurant!! TOTALLY COOL!! :)

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

~Thomas Ken


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Praise the Lord! That's great!! =)