Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Typical Tuesday


*****Daffodils*****
I know I will probably pay for this dearly, but I have to tell all of my Mid-West family and friends who are dealing with snow and other winter weather just how nice the weather is here!! :) It's not exactly sunny, but it's not raining today and the temps are probably in the low 50s! The flowers are blooming beautifully and all in all it is rather nice. It was much warmer and sunny last week, but I will still take 50s and clouds to 20s and 30s and snow! :-P I love all of you guys!! haha!

*****Tulips are my favorite flower, I can't wait until they bloom!!*****



*****I don't know what these next two flowers are but they are pretty. If anybody knows, can you please let me know?*****


Classes were pretty simple today. In Christian Home we started what Bro. Barnes said will be a several class period series on training children. It seems weird to me, who is not even dating anyone, let alone contemplating marriage, or married, or have children, to be learning about raising kids. On the other hand, as Bro. Barnes said, it is better to start learning now rather than after my kids are already born, and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with their problems.
After CH I had a free period in which I got my laundry done, took pictures of flowers, and did some studying.
Chapel was really good today. Pastor Bloom from somewhere in PA was the special speaker today. His passage was Proverbs 4:23, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." The cool thing was that I had just read that this morning in my devotions! I had really been thinking about that verse all morning already, so when he spoke on it I was ready to listen. For the most part I had heard pastor's use that verse when talking about guy/girl relationships and the importance of keeping your heart for the right one. Pastor Bloom didn't even touch that topic, instead he spoke about the heart. He defined "Heart" as "The secret place known only to you and God. It is who you really are. "Reputation" was defined as, "Who people think you are." He talked about the ways to keep your heart by watching who you spend time with, by what you meditate on, by how you rationalize your actions and thoughts, by your habits, by not desensitizing yourself to sin, and by how God will expose everything. It was a really good sermon.
Christian Womanhood was good. I really like that class cuz we are taking Proverbs 31 verse by verse. I think we did verse 20 today.
I was able to turn in my project for Intro to Missions today. What a relief! :)
Work was just that, work!! :( I really don't like my job. I like to keep things clean to an extent, but cleaning every day gets old REALLY fast! I'll be glad when this semester is over and I can leave the janitorial department behind forever!!
I want to wish a VERY happy birthday to my friend Amanda, AKA Rosebud, and also a happy birthday to Ashley!! Best wishes to both of you!! :) <3

No comments: